Sunday, January 14, 2007

A Quiet Sunday Morning

OK, the ground is now all white and very pretty.

I went to church this morning and it's a good looking older church. (I have pictures, but due to circumstances beyond my control, I can't upload them right now, but I will as soon as I can.) They use the green book (the Lutheran Book of Worship or LBW) at St. Matthew's and you'd think I'd know it pretty well by now. After all, it has been out for 20 or more years at this point, I think. But you know, I was completely knocked for a loop, because they used setting one instead of setting two. It's not that there's that much difference between the two, all of the words we used were the same, just the musical settings are different.

The old stone church, which Adrianne saw, is still using the red book, not the new cranberry book, but the old red book, the one that came before the green book. I don't remember ever using the red book. It would have been interesting to attend a red book service. Apparently it's not that different, but there's thee's and thou's.

I always felt that it must be tough being compared to a pastor from twenty years before. but one of the ladies that was visited yesterday was talking about the pastor from 100 years ago and talking about the Dust Bowl (which Nebraska has made great strides since and no longer resembles). All I can say is "Wow" that's a lot of history that church members remember, and a lot to live up to.

No comments: