Thursday, January 08, 2009

A Different View of Home

January 7th, 2009 - Chicago, IL

Nebraska. Home. It's odd going back to a place I just left, knowing that while I'm there I won't see any of the people or visit any of the places that I'm accustomed to. I won't see my friends in Omaha, or my dad in Elkhorn, or my family in Fremont and Trenton. This will be a very curious trip. Everything will be familiar and yet new at the same time. It's like exploring a new part of myself.

Of course, this is part of the reason why I chose to go on this travel seminar. I know that it will take me to new places, introduce me to new people, and give me a different perspective on something I already assume that I know. The other half of why I'm going is because the Nebraska Synod, in all its wisdom and generosity, is providing travel, lodging and food for the next 10 days. Excellent. When you have lived on $100 a month you learn to take advantage of opportunities like these.



No comments: